Friday, August 30, 2019

Oh The Irony

When I state what I'm about to write, know that I have done this myself, and I am a bit ashamed of it, but what's done is done, the past cannot be changed now. To dwell on it would lead to an eventual cycle of depression. Or something like that. I don't know, I saw it somewhere. The quote went: "If you're stuck in the past, you're depressed. If you're afraid of the future, you're anxious. Live in the present, and be happy". Or something like that haha.

ANYWAYS. Life goes on, and so this post must as well.

Imagine being called out for your past behaviors of blocking people when they disagree with you, but then end up being blocked because you disagreed with someone else? Like I said, I speak from experience. I used to block people when they were perceived as being against me. So I know what it's like to be the instigator (assuming that's the right term).

But imagine being blocked not because there was a falling out or some sort of disagreement, but because you weren't allowed to have fun.

What I'm saying is that I got blocked by someone because I made a joke and referenced Skyrim, and since it wasn't Goat Simulator, oh whoop dee doo, I'm wrong and deserve to be blocked because of it.

I have to be careful with my words mostly because someone's almost indefinitely going to be like "Geoff, you blocked us when we disagreed with you", but here's the thing: there was no disagreement, only a restriction and boo's because my joke didn't go along with the other person's joke.

So that's the tea, I guess.

It's ironic because I'm the only one who is at fault for blocking people, but then when others do it, no big deal. And sure it's because I had a history of blocking more than once, but to do it over a joke? Not even a legitimate falling out? Even though I legitimately did nothing wrong here? After the times I offered to be someone to talk to because it appeared that no one else acknowledged you in your state of hurt?

But okay. If this is meant to be, then I guess it was nice and fun to be your friend for a few months. But I guess if you want to cut me out of your life, that's fine. You can do whatever you want. You're an adult.

Just don't think the door is still open if you need someone to talk to. Not that you probably would've talked to me about your problems anyways. All I'm saying that it's always good to have more people to be able to talk to, rather than cut out the people who offered help, especially when it's all because of joke.

A joke about goats. And Skyrim. And because it wasn't Goat Simulator. And (presumably) because you didn't like my "angry" reacts (I mean Facebook doesn't have a downvote/dislike react so "angry" is as close as it gets) to your comments shutting down my comment, even though there were "angry" reacts to my comment about Skyrim.

Sure it's only me that is in the wrong here. Okay.

And if you're reading this and wondering who I'm referencing, well I'm not going to write out names here, because it's bad enough that I'm writing this post. But for the one person that (probably) still reads my blog (and probably the only person that reads it, or at least has claimed to read it over the summer to see what I'm up to since I had this person blocked because of my immaturity back then), it's your best friend, or at least the one you made an instagram post about not too long ago, stating that everyone needs someone like your friend, but it can't be your friend because you already claimed said person.

So to wrap things up, while I'm nowhere near innocent of the whole blocking ordeal, just don't make it seem like it's only me who blocks others when things are not in favor of me. And sure you can always say "how does it feel to be on the receiving end of things", and you deserve that right. But just know that the others you hold so close to you aren't as perfect as you might have thought they were.

Rant over, we'll see if this person decides to let me back into their life or not. If not, oh well, I have other friends too. If they do, I'll try to pretend like this incident didn't happen, but alas, here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...