Tuesday, August 6, 2019

COMMON SENSE PEOPLE

People are unfortunately reporting to the police that their cars were stolen, and in some places, higher end cars (Maseratis and the like).

At first you feel bad for these people. And you might be wondering, "well, Geoff, don't you feel bad for them because they just got robbed and their vehicles stolen?" No. I don't feel sad for them. I'm not trying to sound cynical or what have you, but hear me out.

Most of these people who are getting their cars stolen are leaving their cars in the driveway (not the problem), with the doors unlocked and the key fob in the car (most definitely the problem).

See, most of these thieves are low-class/low-tier criminals. They don't really try too hard to steal your stuff, but they will if the opportunity is presented to them and you make it way too easy for them.

Lock your doors and don't leave the key fob in the car. Why would ever leave it unlocked and much less leave the keys in the car? That's unsafe practice, and you don't exactly get my support if you get robbed. Not to say I want you to get robbed, but I'm saying you should've expected that if you decided to be foolish and not take up all the safety precautions that you had available to you.

Side note: just learn to drive manual, and most people wouldn't be able to steal your car regardless if your door's unlocked, unless enough people start driving manual and then it becomes a common skill again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...