Friday, July 19, 2019

Is This It?

I recently got back into praying again. I was on a pretty good track for a solid chunk of time. But then I slipped off and never made an effort to get back into it. After enough reminders here and there throughout going to church and my friends encouraging me to be more intentional with my faith, I finally started back up.

So if you've been following my blog for a little while, you'll know the whole, well I don't know what other term to use so here goes, situation concerning the girl I'm currently crushing on. ICYMI, just scroll back to some older posts. I'll make an edit later with all the post titles to make it easier for you to find, should you be interested.

Anyways, I've been praying trying to figure out what to do about my crush, seeing that it was rekindled and strongly at that. Of course, I know that sometimes God closes doors for His reasons, and it's just something that we have to learn to accept. There's no point in fighting the Lord and trying to change His plan. So the important part to remember for this post is the doors part.

I saw something on Facebook today talking about how God closes doors, and I wrote my short thoughts on it, trying to encourage whoever actually still sees what I post/what I share on Facebook, to trust in the Lord and know that just because He closes one door that it doesn't mean He won't open another.

Guess who ends up liking that post?

I'll give you a second. Maybe two.

Okay, you ready?

My crush. Of course my crush just happens to see this post I shared and hits like.

I don't know if this is how God chooses to speak to me. I'm still trying to figure out how He wants to talk to me and how His voice sounds to me.

But if this isn't it, then what is it?

It's a funny joke on God's part, if it is truly Him doing all this. Well, who am I kidding? It has to be Him. If even only in the slightest.

So what's He trying to say? That He's closing the door on this crush? I mean if yes, so be it. It would honestly suck for a moment, but I want to trust that God knows what He's doing.

I don't want to overthink it, but I find it mildly comedic.

Good humor, God.

Edit: here's some of the post titles regarding my crush. The rest are pretty obvious and closer to these posting dates, so have fun.

Good Feels
The Lord Moves in Mysterious Ways
Yep It's A Rebound
Was It The Right Thing To Do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...