Sunday, June 16, 2019

Update: "The Way I Am"

So my accuser of making an idol out of relationships and I had a falling out. Claimed he was protecting me because he "was watching out for my feelings". Then he followed up with something about protecting himself and another mutual because of my "outrage" that I "always do" despite it only happening once before.

I mean technically, I've had outrages before, but not more than once since meeting this person. So it's unfair to say that my behavior is always going to be outrages after one incident.

Anyways, there were some word exchanges in which I was "f'ed up" for using his words against him. I mean I straight up told him that it wasn't fair he called me out on making it an idol, when it was the same thing he did. He said I'm the messed up one for "twisting his words and throwing it back at him".

I'm sorry, but if it weren't true and you were truly innocent of the action, then I wouldn't have had anything to say. I would've been a bit hurt that I was accused, but if he were innocent, I would've just sucked it up.

Another friend of mine said that people are hypocritical sometimes to teach lessons. I get it that there can be lessons from a mistake, but that would only really make sense if there were clear minds and no running incidents or experiences before making claims. That didn't really make sense.

Basically, I'm saying it's fine to use a mistake as a teaching point as long as you weren't in the middle of it at the moment. Because I don't think it's fair to call someone out on something if you were caught doing the exact thing you said to avoid. Does that clear it up? If not, oh well haha.

I guess at the end of the day, I'm still a bit immature, and I've still got lessons to learn. But I will not stand for anyone who tries to shepherd me in my faith who seemingly has the "holier than thou" mindset. I know that the best shepherds will inherently have more knowledge and wisdom rooted from God's Word and almost indefinitely have spent more time with the Lord in prayer and in Scripture, but to ever use that as a reason for justifying so called "tough love"? No, that's not okay.

I'd never want someone to try to lead me further in my faith who has the mindset of, "Oh I've spent more time with the Lord, so I know what's best for you". Excuse me, but no, there's only one person who knows what's best for me, and that's not even me. It's the Lord God Almighty. You can be a guide and maybe you're being used by the Lord to guide me, but the moment you claim something of that you in particular know what's best for me, that's where the line's drawn.

So one less friend, but that's okay. Maybe it's a wake up call to spend more time with God, but it's a shame it came down to this in order to bring it to my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...