Thursday, April 25, 2019

Was It The Right Thing To Do?

Okay, so I've been thinking about this a bit today. Let me catch you up to speed.

I went to play some kickball with the sister dorm, and afterwards we grabbed ice cream and just chilled on the fields next to Commons 3 (where we played).

At some point, I heard my crush talking about how she's raising money to get her mom, dad, and brother their own study Bibles. A noble cause, and one that can help glorify His kingdom.

So she was saying that the Bibles could potentially cost a bit more than what she had already raised (which was already like $105 or something). Idk if she was joking or not, but she kinda mentioned that Venmo works or whatever to help her raise more funds. That part's not the important part.

The important part is that before she went with some of the group to Cookout (I think?) I kinda just took out my wallet real fast and gave her $20. I don't know if that was because I truly wanted to give to support her effort, or if I just wanted to, idk, show her something? What was it? No clue. Maybe I just wanted to kinda "go the extra mile" or whatever. I mean on the one hand you could argue that this was mildly selfish to possibly (please note that I have no clue of what actually drove me to giving her money, so what follows are all hypotheticals) just get her to appreciate the gesture. Or was it that God truly said "hey you should help her out in this".

Whatever the case may be, whatever my subconscious was potentially trying or not trying to prove, it's done. Whatever happens is gonna happen. I already prayed to God asking if that was the right thing to do, and if I truly did it because I wanted to give from my heart. I guess I'll just keep praying about it.

Then again, if all else is not true or whatever, what's the harm in helping a friend get their family member's study Bibles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...