Saturday, April 27, 2019

The End Is Always Bittersweet

Today is my last Saturday on campus for my second year of college. While I am more than excited to go home in a week and also (finally) see Endgame, I also am starting to feel spells of sadness.

These sadness spells stems from the fact that I'm going to miss my hall mates, sister dorms, and just all the fun stuff there is to living on campus (more importantly living on the Circle). Before you ask, I am currently unsure of where my housing is going to be for next semester. My Financial Check-In is being really slow and as of right now, I've lost all chances to come back to 25-3.

Part of me is sad that the end of my time on 25-3 is potentially coming up. Part of me is sad because of all the fun things that I'll potentially miss out on because I just won't be a part of this hall. I know that whatever hall I end up on that there will be fun stuff to do, but after living on 25-3 for 2 years in a row, this is my home away from home.

Maybe I'm also a bit saddened that I won't be on the brother dorm of my crush (at the moment). But at the same time, I've been praying over multiple things, regarding my crush, future relationship status in general, and my housing for next semester. I know that whatever hall I end up on is the hall that God wants me to be on, because there is something that He knows will help grow me in some way and make me more like the man He ultimately designed for me to be. I know that I should not worry about my next step in life, or any future steps in life, for as long as I stay faithful and honest with God, He will provide solid ground for me to step on, no matter if I am blind to what the next step even is.

Anyways, the reason the sadness hit me today is not just because it's the last Saturday I'll be here for this semester, but also because I had a beyond amazing time hiking at Devil's Marbleyard and then hitting up the good ol' Cracker Barrel afterwards. I love hanging out with my friends. I didn't want the day to end so soon (day being the entire day's events and stuff, I know I have about 6 hours left in today technically). So I will cherish these memories. I should listen to my past self on one of my Instagram posts in which I stated to cherish everything that is happening to you that makes you happy. You will never know which moment is going to be a part of "the good times", until after those times are gone and you're just stuck wishing you could go back and be in those times again.

Life is an ever-changing and constantly coursing river, and if you don't hold on to what might be precious to you now, you'll regret not enjoying every moment of it before it was gone.

With all that being said, I certainly do hope and partially pray that I will make it back onto 25-3 after Open Housing starts and maybe I can slide into a room here. But I also will trust God in that He will have me live where He knows I will grow the most in order to glorify His kingdom as much as possible, as that is my ultimate plan for my life. To discover how I can contribute to bringing glory to His kingdom.

God, while I may not want to move on, I am ready for You to move me to where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...