Monday, April 29, 2019

The Financial Aid Office is COMPLETELY USELESS

The title says it all. Liberty's financial aid office is so slow in their jobs, that they seemingly aren't doing their jobs.

I know this is going to sound aggressive, but hear me out.

So housing choices opened up for me on April 18th. 11 days ago. So naturally I go to complete my Financial Check-In so that I can make my room choice.


I figured to give them a couple of days to respond since I think that day was a Friday and by the time I sent it, it was probably close to closing time and they might not have done anything about it anyways. Fine. I get it. You want to go home on a Friday, so do I.

BUT THEN at least fulfill my request to use my 529 Plan the following Monday

They must've somehow lost my email, but this is frustrating. So yesterday afternoon, I sent them another email in order to remind them and as a follow up to get this moving. I figured they should probably get around to it sometime today, since it is a Monday and it's a work day.











Obviously, they didn't get around to it today. I guess you could say I'm a little impatient, but Open Housing starts tomorrow. It's going to be among my final chances to try to get a room on 25-3, where I would like to be living for next year. Unless I somehow get incredibly lucky and someone leaves at some point during summer break and I can slot in. Any room is fine at this point. I'll adapt to my roommates.

So I sent them a slightly more aggressive email today. I don't expect a response today, but it truly is their fault at this point that I don't have my dorm choice and that I'm not going to be housed anywhere for the current moment.











I have these screenshots in case for whatever reason they decide "oh you didn't complete Financial Check-In on time, so we're going to be applying a late fee and you're going to have to pay for it". But these emails are timestamped with the date and the exact time of day they were sent out. Each time, I've received the auto-reply of "We have received your financial aid request". But the screenshots serve in case they pull a Hillary Clinton and go into my account to delete the emails. I don't know if they would do that, it would be incredibly stupid if they did, but safety precautions are indeed in place now.

JUST DO YOUR JOB AND NO ONE WOULD BE IRRITATED AT THE FACT THAT THEY DON'T HAVE THE DORM THEY WANTED. IT'S NOT THE STUDENT'S FAULT IF YOU DO NOT PLACE THE "PROJECTION" AS YOU CALL IT OVER THE ACCOUNT WHEN THE STUDENT IS JUST FOLLOWING THE PROCEDURE THAT HE HAS FOLLOWED FOR THE PAST 4 SEMESTERS. IS IT REALLY THAT HARD??????????????????

Sorry, I'm just incredibly irritated, upset, aggravated, you name it.

They better get this in order, or they better find some way to compensate me for their lack of intelligence and their lack of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...