Wednesday, April 17, 2019

My Best Overwatch Competitive Experience

Last night, my friend and I were just grinding out some competitive matches in Overwatch. It was good, and I actually managed to regain some lost skill rating.

There was this one match where a guy, by the gamertag Burksvart, who didn't contribute much, leading me to fill the tank role (I'm usually a support main, with some flex dps on occasion, I rarely tank competitively). Burksvart played Widow, and didn't get any kills, but luckily the guy he was grouped up with carried the dps.

It came down to round 4 on Junkertown. We made it halfway to completion on round 3, but the enemies rolled us on round 2, so we had a lot of time to defend. They kept using Bastion, so I figured the best way to fight Bastion was with Bastion.

Burksvart went on to be toxic-ish saying "I didn't know Bastion was a tank". So I threw a bit of salt at him, reminding him that Bastion's ult is a tank.

Come end of the match, I managed to get silver damage and silver elims from basically nothing. Burksvart has the nerve to go "you were pretty useless, I carried". He played Mei when he wasn't on Widow. I will admit he did have some well placed walls occasionally, but I did do my fair share to help. I mean we won, so why was he still salty about my Bastion pick? After we won, I said "bAsTiOn Is NoT a TaNk" in team chat. Burksvart replies with "you're so cute when you're toxic".

Next match, we queue up against him, and I got all hyped up to give him what for. We won, so we sucked the SR (skill rating for you non-gamers) right back that we helped him gain. I wanted to throw salt. So I go in match chat and say, "Hey Burksvart, you were pretty useless". He replies with the "you're so cute" thing again.

NEXT MATCH, we get put against him again. So, naturally we had to punish him for his toxicity towards me. It was a close game on Oasis, but we yoinked that W. I went again into match chat and say, "Hey Burksvart, you cutie pie", just basically pulling his line on him. He loses it (kinda). "Omg you're so obsessed, just stop".

While I guess you could argue I shouldn't have teased him so much after beating him 2-0, he kinda deserved it for questioning my Bastion pick that helped us win.

It was incredibly fun. Some of the most fun I've had in Overwatch in a long time. I haven't played this game much for months, so this is a warm welcome back to the competitive scene, at least for a casual player like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...