Tuesday, April 16, 2019

It's Not Even Arrow Anymore

The CW knows how to turn shows into forcing a political agenda. I mean I guess every TV show or movie can do that to an extent. But it's beyond forced for some of these.

I can understand that it's good to give people of either (lots of emphasis on "either" because there only are 2 genders, the rest are mental delusions) gender someone or something to look up to. For example, as a guy, I look up to Batman because he's a superhero that is really just a man doing what's right and defending the weak. That's admirable. Or for girls, you have Wonder Woman, doing something similar to Batman, just because a female figure who is strong and powerful and again defends the weak.

But when you turn a TV show that's originally about the Green Arrow into a show where the entire episode is focused on only female characters with just a few moments of Green Arrow, why do you still call it "Arrow"? Not to mention that the most recent episode of Arrow (Ep. 718 "Lost Canary") had a portion that repeatedly talked about giving "women" something to believe in, or whatever. It is extremely clear that they wanted to make this episode all about women empowerment.

I get that typically women get the shaft (so to speak) when it comes to strong and powerful characters, but to force things like women empowerment is just so dumb. Why can't we separate politics from entertainment? Why do we have to have liberal agendas there? I'm not advocating for conservative agendas to be in there, but just don't put any politics into the shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...