Monday, March 25, 2019

New PR and Killer Chest Day

Tristan and I worked out today.

It was a solid workout. It was a "pure" chest day. Quotations because technically other muscles are used in the exercises, but our focus was the chest.

I recently nailed a new PR for a set of 8 reps on bench, going to 105, up from 95 previously. Today was similar. My 1rm (1 rep max for my readers who are less fitness knowledgeable) for bench was 145, up from 135 about 2-3 weeks ago.

I mean I guess my right arm kinda failed after I pushed the top of the rep, so PSA to those testing 1rm's: always go with a spotter. That could've been really dangerous if I were to test it on my own and then the bar collapses on me.

The rest of the workout was really solid. I feel a little fatigued a couple hours since working out, but not really enough to bother me. Just enough to remind me like "hey you worked out today, so there's a minute amount of fatigue that I'm leaving here". We'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

Anyways, I just feel really good and I'm one step closer to becoming the Batman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...