Saturday, June 5, 2021

Goodbye, Sophia

A prompt I saw somewhere came up and was for anyone who happened upon it to say their final goodbyes to someone whom the viewer has been holding on to that has no place left in their life, in regards to a former significant other type of deal. So, with that being said, this is the last post I will ever write about the one girl whom I've had the pleasure of getting close to and making good memories with.

Goodbye to the girl who decided to stay my friend despite me thinking things would be awkward when an accidental revelation of my feelings came out (from an originally intended PM to a message to a group chat to which she had been a part of).

Goodbye to the girl who found an interest in a video game that I had loved in middle school and we built many cool things with both fictional inspirations (Wayne Manor, Gotham City, etc) as well as real life inspiration (Liberty University's Freedom Tower). To all those hundreds of hours we had, clearing off an island in game and making a city with various friends, as well as theoretically crashing Liberty's wifi when I tried to spawn in 10,000 dark oak logs on the wifi based server. To all those sweet notes written in Minecraft's book and quills, and the cute flags made by following dye design plans (mainly the pink and white heart designs), as well as the designed shield to look like Batman.

Goodbye to the girl who took a 3 am trip to Cookout and ultimately Waffle House when we were playing Minecraft at an ungodly hour and all of us laughing at my sleep deprivation causing me to "forget how a fork works". To then willingly walk back the half mile or so in the frigid, December cold and wind as I couldn't find parking closer to your dorm. And to warming my heart as you hugged me goodnight.

Goodbye to the girl who wrote me that sweet LU crushes post, and while it was pulled from being posted as a last minute call, I thank you for sending me the note anyways as it helped me to build my confidence that my flaws and insecurities aren't the worst things and can be overlooked for the content of my heart. That appearance alone isn't the only thing that matters.

Goodbye to the girl who I had so much fun watching movies at a friend's house such as Spider-Man: Far From Home and Polar Express. To also hanging out after the movies and me playing on the (very) out of tune piano, and me moving your hand off as you "acted like the annoying younger sibling" (as you phrased it). Or the card games of Coup and me making TikTok references and stubbornly making the Captain a good card despite the seasoned players saying he wasn't a good card (I THINK I'M BOUTTA STEAL).

Goodbye to the girl who was the Batgirl as part of the Liberty Batfamily. Something I had started for fun in spite of something a previous friend group said about me never being Batman, and it turning out to be one of the best friend groups I've ever had. I still regret the way I tore the group apart, and maybe someday we can reconvene, but if not I'll cherish the times we had getting food and hanging out almost weekly.

Goodbye to the girl who made my final Christmas Coffeehouse so much fun and taking pictures for once around the decorations they had there, to then screaming out in joy as I made a cameo appearance for the LU Crushes spoof of Santa Baby. To the fun time of having a late night Waffle House and joking about how the waitress that night thought of us to being a couple.

As I go on, I try to pull out all of the memories that I could and the list goes on and on. Believe me when I say that I loved every moment we had together, whether it was during our platonic phase or our slightly more romantic phase. There are so many things that make me appreciate everything we had as friends. It hurts to think that it is all gone because of my immaturity and my poor reaction to what you thought would be best for the both of us in the long term. I know now that you meant well and I just couldn't see it then. I see it now and I know that now it is far too late and things are probably beyond repair and have probably been that way for a long, long time.

With all that being said, I truly and genuinely wish you well and may you find a guy who can treat you better than I have and ever could. I hope your career goes well as I believe you have finished your undergraduate by now. I wish you nothing but the best.

Goodbye, Sophia Renee Davis, I appreciate the adventures and I appreciate the time I've gotten to know you and to be your friend. 🤟

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...