Sunday, April 26, 2020

What Are The Odds?

Atheists would call it coincidence. Maybe more than just atheists, maybe a lot of people that don't believe in the same God I claim to have believed for so many years, and while I have struggled in recent times, I still claim to believe.

I find it hard to believe that everything that happens to be "coincidence" is purely coincidence. There have been moments in which I had said or thought one thing and then something pops up almost instantly or at least in some relatively close time frame.

For example, one day during the fall semester of 2018, I had started to feel my faith struggle and then I come back to my dorm room with a note on my door, written by someone from my hall, who to this day I know not who wrote it, saying something to the effect that God would never leave nor forsake me. I was originally going to quote it directly but I couldn't find my picture I had of it.

Anyways, the point being that there are things that just seem supernatural to be more than just mere coincidence.

Take this for example:
I wrote a very long winded post talking about forgiveness. My last post in case you haven't read it yet. How I was struggling to bring myself to forgive people in my recent past.

Anyways, how can you call this coincidence? How can you say that me writing a post about forgiveness and then have a friend literally minutes ago share the post I screenshot and included just above. For that to be coincidence? Seems unlikely.

So I guess my plan of action is cut and dry for me. To do the one thing I have hesitated to do. The only question now is: when? When do I start the forgiveness actions for the people who aren't me? For my own forgiveness, I can work on that little by little, because as long as I am alive, I can work on that day by day. But for those who aren't me, those who I don't see nor have much communication with anymore, when? I don't know how their lives are going, how things are for them, and how long they get. I mean sure I don't even know how long I get, but for me if I somehow die without forgiving myself, assuming I still get to go to Heaven, I can work on it then. But if they die, and God forbid they do just yet since we are all young, what will I do? I know this is very dark thinking and morbid too, but it technically is a possibility, isn't it? None of us are promised a tomorrow. Sure for me I know I am scheduled to work tomorrow and I can plan how my day will go tomorrow, but I could suddenly pass in my sleep and not see any of tomorrow. I've read facts that supposedly the brain could have a major aneurysm, or the heart could suddenly malfunction, with no prior symptoms and that could kill someone at any age. Or maybe I'm misrepresenting the facts but the point is that no one is guaranteed tomorrow.

So I guess if I'm so worried about all this, I should start working on this whole thing soon, right? If I am so paranoid of something going horribly wrong and I lose my chance to forgive these other people I feel like I should forgive, then I should work on it as soon as possible.

Man, this "coincidence" is weird and seemingly impossible how it all could just be that. Maybe it's perfect timing from the perfect One.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...