Wednesday, April 15, 2020

2 Months Down

I suppose technically this past Sunday was the official 2 months since I started working at Jersey Mike's, but given the fact that I don't work weekends and since I had a week off due to a form of quarantine just in case of a potential exposure to COVID-19, I wanted to go a few days this week to kind "make up" for it.

Also, by that way of thinking, I think it was a good idea because today was pretty intense. Our shipments have either not had everything we needed, not arrived, or not ordered correctly, so somehow we ran out of paper we use to wrap our subs. As a result, between running back and forth to the little bits of paper we had left and going to where the subs were, we got backed up and it just felt incredibly intense and incredibly crazy. Online orders coming in at a rapid pace due to the social distancing, and there still being customers lining up, craziness everywhere.

Anyways, I'm pretty happy with myself for going on for 2 months. I mean, yeah this is life now and it would have been eventually given graduation would have eventually arrived and then into the workforce, so it's not really the biggest of deals. But I'm just happy with myself for doing pretty well getting back on my feet after a knockdown blow like failing out of college. I know I could probably doing a lot more with my life, but this is where I'm supposed to be. This is just the next step. A stepping stone to the next big part of my life.

I know life holds many months on months, on years and years of work, of even decades on decades, but there's no need to worry about that. Sure I should be planning for the future, but I need not rush into it since I can't control time and I can't control everything. If I could, this is not how 2020 would have been for me. But hey, it is what it is, right?

Here's to the 3rd month of working, since I'm technically already a few days into it. Here's to whatever I may learn over the time. Here's to whatever comes next in my life, to whomever I meet and create friendships and relationships with. Here's to even those in my past, to the places I have gone and the places I have been. Everything is a part of what shaped me today, and here's to tomorrow to how I will continue to be shaped, molded, and forged.

Trial by fire, trials and tribulations, stretching and growing are to happen, but it's okay. I'm ready. Two months down, and I'm locked and loaded for my next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...