Sunday, March 1, 2020

Closure [Update]

24 days after my original post titled "Closure", I finally get closure. It makes me feel a certain sense of "everything will be okay".

After attempting to ask for closure, to my surprise I got the closure I was seeking. I heard it from S why she says things wouldn't work between us. And honestly while it still does sorta suck that we won't work, there's a level of acceptance I finally have achieved.

I think I can work with this and just accept things for how they are. God had everything in control, and continues to have everything in control. And not to mention that He will always have everything in control.

Everything will be okay because at the end of the day, I have a friendship still. I have a friend who knows me inside and out and has been supportive of me for as long as I've known her, even if that time period is technically only several months. God does everything for a reason, and I think He has given me a friend who I can trust and have for the rest of my life. I don't want to make any assumptions of course, but hey if it's true, then who can tell me no?

Without digressing anymore, I just want to say that I am thankful for everything that has happened. I am thankful for the teaching moments I have had that allow me to grow and be better. To be a better man, and a better person. A better friend as well. I am thankful for my time at Liberty for the friends I would never have known otherwise. Without attending Liberty, I never would have known that these people even existed. I wouldn't know my friends from Virginia, Oklahoma, Massachusetts, Indiana, Canada, and Florida. The list even goes on and on.

I am thankful for the grace and the forgiveness that has been shown to me. For my trespasses against people who never deserved it, and for the wrongs I have caused.

I am thankful for the memories I have made, for the ability to be open and vulnerable with my friends, for learning things about what it means to be something more. For the chance to have fond memories that I can cherish for my life. Thankful for late night talks, late night excursions, and late night Minecraft parties.

There is so much for me to be thankful for. I don't want to exclude anything, but I also don't want to make any of this sound like it's the final goodbye or anything. Because it's not. This is the beginning. I know not what kinds of memories are to be made, or where my journey goes with my friends, but I want to trust God with everything. To trust His plan. To trust His timing.

This is what I needed. Closure so my subconscious can rest easy. To move on and just enjoy wherever this road takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...