Thursday, February 20, 2020

Time Flies Like An Arrow

I suppose it's because I now have a job that fills up a good portion of the time I am awake. Then there's also the time I've been committing to aikido on a near daily basis (Sundays off). Then family dinner and just casually going about the night makes time fly by so quickly.

It's nice to have family time and everything, and it's great to have a job where I can earn money and get life experience. But wow I never felt time slip by so fast. Sure one could argue that as you get older, each increment of time is a smaller and smaller percentage of one's total life, so that could be one explanation. Or just that being busy does this.

This is just adulting and being a contributing member of society. So it's just daily life I'm going to have to get used to. No more breaks, aside from weekends and vacation time. No more 3 month summer breaks, no more 1 month Christmas break, no 1 week Thanksgiving nor 1 week spring break.

Now that I'm away from college, I realize and have a deeper appreciation for the time I had at college. It has been great and so much fun. Life can be fun, but it can't be all fun and no work.

I guess what I'm saying is that I miss the days of being in college. I miss my friends, well assuming they still count me as one of theirs. I miss the fun times and fun memories we had made together. Heck, I even miss just having time to play video games. I haven't played much recently. Sure I could probably take some of the time in the couple of hours in between the end of work and aikido. Sure I could go play instead of just doing nothing on the couch with the tv on. But idk, I just kind of like not really actively doing anything. After long days of work and some exercise, doing nothing is nice.

It's only sad because I had once dreamed of building a PC and playing games with it. I never made the money for it, and now that I can be making money for it, I feel as if I don't have the time nor the will to go take the time to make it worth the effort to build, as well as the investment I have to make to build it. I mean the PC I once planned out was $2,000. That's a story for another time, I don't want to get too sidetracked.

Time just goes through my hand like soup on a fork. I feel like I'm doing good in my life for becoming more responsible in taking a job and stuff, but I also feel like there's more for me somewhere in life and that this isn't my peak. So where do I go? I don't make time to think about the next step. For the time being, I feel comfortable where I'm at. But then I still have so much being provided for me, so I don't know what it's like to scrape by to make ends meet. I don't know what it's like to struggle. I don't know a lot of things. There's so much I don't know and not enough time for me to stay focused on that to try to teach myself those things.

So many hats, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...