Wednesday, October 2, 2019

How to Break the Batman

I suppose all you need to do is to get his hopes up and then play with his feelings. Shouldn't Batman be tougher than the average man? That's why he's a superhero. I mean sure maybe I'm not Batman like the comics, where I witness my parents' murder at age 8, then at 22 consider killing the murderer in cold blood, then disappearing for 7 years or so, to just wear the projects of R&D of my parent's company to fight crime and injustice in a city.

And sure I'm not as skilled nor as intelligent nor even as strong as the Batman physically. But if that's the alterego I intend to take on, and if that's the mantle I will put on, then I should be tougher. I need to be tougher. I can't let heartbreak stop me. But then again, it did stop Bruce.

Am I too breakable? Am I not strong enough for the role I want to take? How can I strengthen myself to be stronger than the blows? How can I learn to take the punch and still fight just as hard as before?

Will I ever achieve this level of strength? Will I ever transcend the average man? Will I ever be like Batman like I claim to be and how I want to be?

Do I even deserve to call myself vengeance or the night?

Am I worthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...