Sunday, September 8, 2019

Like A Coursing River

Time is just moving so fast, and I'm beginning to get overwhelmed because of me wanting to have free time/chill time with mindless YouTube videos or video games (thanks, Skyrim), want to hang out with friends and get to know others I either didn't know as well last year/just be more social and at least know my nearby neighbors, and having to actually do what I came to university to do: study and get my degree.

3 weeks of classes have already gone down, and I think there's something like only 14 weeks of classes. Yup just double checked and indeed there only are 14 weeks of classes in total, not counting Fall Break because otherwise I'd have to count the 2 days of classes before Finals Week, but it evens out anyways.

21.42% of my fall 2019 semester is already over. That's a problem because it feels like it's only beginning as of like yesterday. I guess I sunk into the rhythm pretty quickly. I mean I had to hit the ground running otherwise stumble and struggle.

I can feel the pace is almost inevitably catching up to me, getting too close for comfort and I feel the time slipping away from me. I feel procrastination catching on, and the work is building up. A lot of mindless busywork, but work nonetheless.

I need to do well this semester, and for every remaining semester I have here. Regardless if I have 4 more or even 6 more semesters. Whether or not I finish in 4 years or finish in 5, the point is making sure I finish and that I do well enough to allow myself get to graduate school for a Master's and maybe even doctorate.

If only time could slow down, but it's constantly flowing like a coursing river, and either I swim up to the surface, or I can drown and further dig myself into a deep hole to the point of no return. It should be clear what my choice should be. Will I be strong enough to swim and not just tread?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...