Monday, April 20, 2020

Catharsis

I never realized how handy video games can be. Well, I guess assuming it is a pastime of yours. For me it is.

It helps to keep me distracted, and I can feel like I accomplished something when I do well in the game or get some good progress. Or whatever it is. Basically it just feels good, the dopamine be aflowing and feelsgoodman.

I returned to a game a played on and off in high school, played a bit during freshman year of college, and now I'm back at it. It's been pretty fun and I fly through the game given my ability to learn and maximize the game mechanics to my favor. It's been really helpful in this time of hurting, confusion, loneliness, and uncertainty.

I do plan on rebalancing the way I spend my time to add exercise back into my life. I do a bit of strength training with push ups and decline push ups, but I feel like I want to work in some cardio. To keep my cardio health up and maintain some level of fitness so as to not totally potato out and put on too much weight in this quarantine/social distancing time period. I haven't had any good cardio for the past month, and I have at least another month of this since NJ is staying the way it is until May 15th for now.

Anyways, I guess I just wanted to write a quick post updating on my progress and that I'm finding things to cope and heal from the downs of the world. Who knows where rock bottom is, if I've hit rock bottom, or if this is my rock bottom, but all I can do is try to go up at any given time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...