Monday, October 7, 2019

Legacy Of The Batman

The question is always asked: What is your legacy? Or what will be your legacy? What will people remember of you when you pass on from this Earth and there's nothing more than just what you've done and the memory of your life being passed on?

So what will my legacy be?

Side note: This blog will sound a bit morbid or whatever because it's talking about my legacy, which usually doesn't need to be worried about until I die, but it was on my mind so here we go

I titled this as "Legacy Of The Batman" because I know that while I may not actually be like the Dark Knight in the comics or in the movies, being a real superhero and saving lives and fighting crime, but just the symbol of itself is something that I would hope achieves something more.

In comics and in movies, the Batman was created to be a symbol of hope. And also the idea that anyone could be the Batman. See quotes in Batman Begins and in Dark Knight Rises, when Bruce Wayne is talking to Alfred and when he's talking to Detective Blake respectively. What I hope to achieve by having fun and taking on this mantle, regardless of how serious I take this role, is that anyone can be more than what society tells them they can or cannot be.

People said to me in the months leading up to the creation of the Liberty Batman that I'd have to hit these strength goals to be Batman. I mean sure that was used to encourage me to work harder at the gym to train harder and push me further. But then people also said things to me that were attempts to demean me, to be condescending. That I was nothing more than just an emotional wreck.

The Batman has been, for me, a way to show others that I can push myself beyond the limits they set on me. To be something greater than myself, to be someone anyone can come to. Whether they need a friend or just some encouraging messages.

I hope that if I ever stop pretending to be or being (again depending on how serious I get with this) the Batman, is that whoever is out there to be demeaning or condescending, that their limits are not the true limits of oneself. That there is more to someone and that all you have to do is strive for those goals. To be more than what they say you could be. To be something greater. To transcend your own seemingly basic or average human abilities. Not to say that you'll ever be godlike or be God, because that's impossible. But to say that there's potential in everyone to be a hero. To become something bigger and greater than themselves. All you have to do is reach out and rise.

We fall so that we can learn to pick ourselves back up. How far will you climb? Just to the point where you were before? Or to something further and higher than you were at before?

Seek your own mantle of greatness. Do it all for God's glory, and when the day comes for you to go home to the Lord, everyone will remember your legacy.

These are my goals for being the Batman. To be what people deserve, and maybe someday to be what the need. I live to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...