Friday, October 4, 2019

League of Shadows

So. Tonight was pretty fun.

I took my batsuit out for a spin. First time in full suit, even though technically I have already posted about the suit on the Instagram page. But at the time of that picture, I didn't have the boots, which didn't matter because the shot was from my knees up.

So why title this post as "League of Shadows"? Well...


...here's the shadow I cast in suit. Now it's not the best picture of my shadow as it was a spur of the moment thing and I tried to take it while walking. But if you squint or just look at it carefully, you can see the cape flowing and the point ears of the cowl. I don't know why, but it made me feel cool.

I guess because for the longest time, I've always only seen the shadow of the Batman in animated series, and if anything else maybe video games, but the Arkham games don't really show you the shadow, so mostly animated tv shows or movies. Or I guess even live action movies. Just the shadow of the Batman is so cool. The cape and the cowl. Oh man, I love it.

Now of course my own suit will need to face some upgrades. It's v1.0 after all. I need a better cape, pants, cowl, chest piece, belt, the list goes on and on with what I can improve and eventually will improve.

This is the start of something that I will find a lot of fun in, and I think will make me feel good that I can be like the hero I look up to. Also, some random guy complimented me, and stuck his hand out to shake my hand. Another guy stopped the person who helped take pictures because he knew her. I shook his hand and I used my best impression of Christian Bale's Dark Knight voice to mask my own voice.

Anyways, here's a shot from behind, as I stand atop the balcony/patio area of Liberty's Freedom Tower, gazing over campus and being LU's silent guardian and watchful protector.


P.S. I probably should try to find some relatively cheap face paint or something to paint around my eyes so as to not have some weird holes that show too much of my skin. I mean yes, technically my skin would still be showing, but every Batman has painted around the eyes to allow for the best visibility as well as create that intimidating dark creature, whose eyes you can just barely make out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...