Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The Answers

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, as I should just be thankful and grateful for all the Lord has blessed me with thus far. But it just feels like He's answering a lot of my prayers and all of it at once. It's been a wild kind of day. Let me elaborate.

So first off, while it's more important to be focusing on my walk with Christ rather than to look for a romantic partner, that area of my life has been going really well over the past week. For starters, check out the post "It Went Well". Then this morning I read messages that she's down to hang out for a second time. While this may or may not necessarily lead into a relationship deeper than just friends, it's been good, and it has been a blessing. I'll trust the Lord for wherever He wants this to go.

Secondly, I've been praying a lot about where my life is supposed to be going. I've wondered if teaching Aikido is my calling since I recently found this passion for it. Well, to be honest, I'm not really sure if it's a passion or if it's merely just riding the adrenaline high from passing my shodan test. But regardless, I came in contact today with someone who's interested in learning. This guy has dabbled for a couple years each in various martial arts, and asked me to teach him. He's also going to teach me some of what he knows, so it's a mutual benefit. The part where it could be an answer or part of an answer to my prayers is that I've been trying to figure out how to start an Aikido club, but I also don't know where I can find mats to train on for safety reasons for falling practice and it's a lot softer than turf or grass. This guy that reached out to me says he's friends with the president of the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu club, who uses the mats they have here. He said he'd get in contact with him and see if we can use the mats. If that's a yes, then that's one step closer to starting a club here.

Thirdly, I heard in class, from my Old Testament Survey professor, that God's calling isn't to step out of my comfort zone but to invade my comfort zone with the Gospel. That I'm not supposed to get comfy in my comfort zone, but again to invade it with the Gospel. If I can just figure out how to glorify God in all the things I do, in all the passions that I have, then my life will be for the Great Commission, and that's a life more than worth living for.

Everything seems to be falling into place right now, and it just feels good. All of it. Praise God for every little bit of it, even the seeming insignificant and infinitesimal parts to it all. All of this is for His Glory, and none of it is for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eclipsed In Darkness

I guess it was foolish of me to ever think I would last a full calendar year of not returning here, but here we are. It's late. 1:23 a.m...